Matthew 16:19 NIV “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Recently we were contacted by a friend and partner with the ministry who asked if we’d read any of the books by Liberty Savard, Liberty Savard Ministries, Sacramento, CA. We had not. Our dear friend began sharing by phone with Gerri what she was discovering through Liberty’s trilogy of books, Shattering Your Strongholds, Breaking the Power and Producing the Promise, based on Matthew 16:19 above. We ordered them right away. We can tell you that these books have profoundly changed our lives personally and we are seeing dramatic results and many answers to long standing prayer requests we have had, some for years. In addition, we are experiencing more and more liberty from personal strongholds that have plagued us since we first became Christians over 30+ years ago!
Basically in a very small nutshell, Liberty has done an extensive word study of the Greek words ‘bind’ and ‘loose’. From this study she shared that the word ‘bind’ has two distinct meanings: 1) to bind up with cords (this is the one that we normally think of) and 2) the more important one – ‘to bind, to cause to coalesce, to join together, put together in one whole, to heal, weave together and become one. The meaning of ‘loose’ is to dissolve, destroy, crush, shatter, smash, wreck, crack into parts, lacerate, or tear apart.
Moving these Greek meanings into the Matthew 16:19 scripture gives us clear keys to the Kingdom – that WHATEVER you bind [you cause to coalesce, to join together, put together in one whole, to heal, weave together and become one] on earth must be what is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose [you dissolve, destroy, crush, shatter, smash, wreck, crack into parts, lacerate, or gear apart] on earth must be what is already loosed in heaven.
In times past when we prayed, we bound the devil and released the Holy Spirit, but according to this meaning of the scripture, we’ve had it backwards! Libertyhas captured a revelation from the Lord that when the principles are prayed correctly, we can powerfully move Heaven and earth to answer!
Here are some of the notes I wrote in my journal as I read the three books:
- Bind the will to the perfect will and purposes of God
- Bind the mind to the mind of Christ, that the very thoughts, feelings and purposes of the heart would be those of His heart.
- Bind the emotions to the fruit of the Holy Spirit from Galatians Chap. 5 which are love, joy, peace, gentleness, kindness, goodness, meekness, faithfulness and self control.
- Bind the feet to the paths of righteousness that our steps would be steady & sure
- Bind self to the work of the cross with all its mercy, grace, love and forgiveness and die to self.
- Loose every stronghold made up of wrong
Patterns of thinking
- Loose any strongholds justifying or protecting hard feelings against anyone
- Loose the power and effects of deception and lies
- Loose the confusion and blindness of the god of this world that has keeps me from seeing the light of the gospel of Jesus
- Loose the power of word curses spoken by me, to me or about me
- Loose generational bondages caused by my mistakes or by those who came before me
- Finally, bind (tie up with a cord) the strong man, satan, spoil his house and take back all that he has wrongfully stolen from me and then loose his influence over every part of my spirit, soul and body. Loose every evil desire that he may try to use against me in my sphere of influence.
Here’s a quote fromLiberty:
“Most Christians try to crucify their flesh by changing their external behaviors – and such self-denial is not a bad thing. Self denial can be a noble attempt to obey God, but it is not a permanent solution. It is an effort of the will that can wear you out if you have inner drives continually sabotaging your efforts. Any Christian who has the right keys and knows how to use them, can receive divine empowerment to walk in full freedom.”
We see many, many Christians who attempt to blame the devil for all of their problems. While he is definitely at work, he gets blamed for lots of things that he has nothing to do with. We must first look inside and deal with our own unsurrendered souls. By applying these prayer principles we have talked about, we will then begin to dismantle our own strongholds which are landing pads for the enemy. First there must be a stronghold in place for the enemy to attach to. If we loose [shatter, crush, dismantle, smash and tear apart] those strongholds, the enemy will find it difficult to get a foothold to work with.
If these thoughts provoke questions or the desire to learn more about how to take back the territory of your own soul, we highly recommend Liberty’s trilogy: Shattering Your Strongholds, Breaking the Power and Producing the Promise. She has given a number of sample ‘training wheel prayers’ throughout each book to help get you started. The books can be purchased used at www.half.com or www.amazon.com. or new at www.LibertySavard.com
The final thought: I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will bebound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”